Folia Parasitologica is an open access international journal that covers all branches of animal parasitology, including morphology, taxonomy, biology, biochemistry, physiology, immunology and molecular biology of parasites, host-parasite relationships and parasite evolution. The language of publication is English. Suitable manuscripts are reviewed by at least two independent referees before acceptance.
The current ISI Impact Factor: IF = 1.147.
Last published volume: 62 2015
ANNOUNCEMENT – IMPORTANT!!
The international parasitological journal, FOLIA PARASITOLOGICA, is going to move to another publishing platform starting at the beginning of 2015. Henceforth, it will become an open access journal, with no hard copies being produced since January 2015. The above-mentioned changes in publishing policy will have the following consequences for contributors:
(1) Every article accepted for publication will be freely accessible on-line immediately after it is proof-read.
(2) Copyright of published articles is retained by the author(s) under the progressive Creative Commos (CC-BY) license.
(3) No hard copies of any article will be provided starting on 1 January 2015, but reprints can be printed upon request of the authors (print-on-demand option), but the associated printing costs will be charged to authors.
(4) For funding open access, an Article Processing Charge (APC) will be required for every published article.
(5) Promotionary page charge (APC) is 150 euro/article (up to 10 printed pages; APC for longer articles will depend on the number of excessive pages), because we like to keep this cost to a minimum. Basically, the APC will be enough to cover just the basic expenses of the publisher, the Institute of Parasitology of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IPCAS), which is a research institution that has no aspirations to publish on a commercial basis (the publishing costs of the journal have always been subsidised by the IPCAS due to the journal’s annual negative financial balance).
(6) In order to continue publishing systematic papers that contain descriptions of new taxa, we will comply with the requirements of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (1999) for electronic publication, as specified by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature (2012): Amendment of Articles 8, 9, 10, 21 and 78 of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature to expand and refine methods of publication (published in ZooKeys 219: 1–10. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.219.3944).
With these challenges in mind, we apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused to you or any other contributors during the implementation of these abrupt publishing changes.
The journal is abstracted and/or indexed in
- ISI Web of Knowledge
- Biological Abstracts
- Zoological Records
- CAB Abstracts
The journal is available online also through
- ProQuest Biology Journals
- CABI Full Text
c/o Institute of Parasitology
Biology Centre CAS
370 05 České Budějovice
Phone: (+420) 387 775 406, 387 775 431
Fax: (+420) 385 310 388